- Sells products and vehicle repair services to customers. Assists and fills in for store manager in their absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists store manager with the performance of their responsibilities. Assumes responsibility for the store in store manager’s absence.
- Maintains professional image, clean and well groomed.
- Delivers high level of customer service by greeting incoming customers and answering telephone calls. Answers customer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner and takes appropriate action to satisfy customer.
- Determines individual customer needs for products and service repairs. Sells tires and service repairs meeting customer and company goals. Provides quotes for products or services.
- Schedules service work for the convenience of customers, but within parameters of when repairs may be completed.
- Opens and prepares store for start of business.
- Performs store closing functions. Locks and secures building and makes daily deposits to the bank.
- Maintains professional, clean image of the showroom, customer lounge and restroom.
- Ensures safe and clean shop floor and work environment.
- Arranges tire and merchandise displays inside and outside the building and keeps message board current.
- Receives and inventories tires. Determines location by size and type of tire.
- Utilizes company vehicle to shuttle customers or pick up/drop off supplies.
- Keeps informed about sales goals figures and the latest developments in the market.
- Attends and participates in store meetings.
- Assists other parts of the business as needed.
- Participates in on-going technical and educational training.
- Other duties as assigned or to increase knowledge base.
- Assumes supervisory responsibilities of store manager in their absence.
- Strong customer service and sales skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Computer aptitude.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or GED.
Mental and Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to read and understand instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other associates of the company.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage. The ability to make change from a cash register.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of the position, the associate is required to stand and talk or hear. The associate is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The associate must lift up to 75 pounds. Close vision is required of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.