- Performs diagnostic analysis of customer vehicles. Performs repairs authorized by the customer using correct procedures in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains professional image, clean and well groomed.
- Completes inspection checklists on automobiles. Shares results with Service Manager.
- Tests and examines automotive vehicles to determine repairs required utilizing diagnostic tools. Visually inspects vehicles. Test drives vehicles (if necessary) to listen for sounds to determine malfunctions. Recommends required repairs to Service Manager.
- Performs more complex vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- May test drive vehicles to ensure repairs completed effectively.
- Cleans shop floor, service area and employee restroom/lounge. Performs equipment maintenance duties.
- Ensures safe and clean shop floor and work environment.
- Unloads and organizes tire and supply shipments.
- Utilizes company vehicle to shuttle customers or pick up/drop off supplies.
- Attends and participates in store meetings.
- Assists other areas of the business as needed.
- Participate in on-going technical and educational training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serves as mentor to General Service associates.
- Positive attitude.
- Advanced knowledge of vehicle service and repair.
- Computer aptitude. Proficiency utilizing diagnostic tools.
- Valid driver’s license.
- ASE certifications.
- High School or GED Equivalent, or currently enrolled.
Mental and Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- While performing the duties of the position, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The associate must usually lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The associate is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The associate is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, vibration and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.