- Directs and coordinates all operations of an individual store location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains professional image, clean and well groomed.
- Communicates and monitors location sales goals and expectations. Supports ongoing sales promotions. Motivates staff to achieve goals.
- Markets company, products and services to existing customers and outside entities. Maintains an active role in the community.
- Upholds company reputation by ensuring timely top quality customer service is provided. Ensures customer inquiries and concerns are properly addressed in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for working within the budget of the location. Ensures accurate sales, business and inventory records are maintained. Provides corporate with required reports.
- Controls expenses through asset and inventory control and proper scheduling of associates.
- Maintains a positive and attractive looking store appearance to the public. Ensures public areas are clean with the most current displays.
- Ensures safe and clean shop floor and work environment.
- Recruits, employs, trains, motivates and disciplines all associates. Documents relevant positive and negative behavior and situations.
- Upholds a high level of positive employee morale. Listens and addresses employee concerns and communicates problem areas to corporate. Communicates company programs, policies and procedures to employees.
- Schedules associates and administers Paid Time Off program.
- Ensures a safe and clean shop floor and work environment through compliance with OSHA and company safety and housekeeping programs. Identifies and corrects all unsafe conditions and behaviors.
- Assists the sales associates and delivers a high level of customer service by greeting incoming customers and answering telephone calls. Determines individual customer needs for products and service repairs. Sells tires and service repairs, meeting customer and company goals. Provides quotes for products or services. Schedules service work for the convenience of customers, but within parameters of when repairs may be completed.
- Ensures service vehicle is clean and presentable at all times for transportation of customers. Utilizes company vehicle or instructs others to shuttle customers or pick up/drop off supplies.
- Participates in company-wide manager meetings.
- Leads store meetings.
- Assists other parts of the business as needed.
- Participates in on-going technical and educational training.
- Other duties as assigned or to increase knowledge.
- Communicates directly with Corporate on any questions or concerns in a timely manner.
- Communicates all personnel questions, concerns or changes directly to HR
- Directly supervises Sales Associates and Service Managers. Oversees all other associates.
- Excellent management skills with a minimum 5 years of management and sales experience.
- Strong customer service, leadership, organizational and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of the automotive repair and maintenance industry.
- Computer aptitude.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Supervisory ability.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Mental and Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other associates of the company.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, average, commission and percentage.
- While performing the duties of the position, the associate is required to stand and talk or hear. The associate is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The associate must lift up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.