- Directs and coordinates activities of technicians engaged in servicing or repairing automotive vehicles. Supervises shop for cleanliness and to maximize profit level of the store.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains professional image, clean and well groomed.
- Monitors service work schedule of all General Service and Technician associates to assure quality work that is done on time. Supervises and trains shop associates.
- Assists in repair and diagnoses and completes estimates of system or systems repair costs. Secures customer approval to perform repairs.
- Oversees checklists completed by General Service and Technician associates on customer vehicles and makes recommendations for further repairs.
- Ensures safe and clean shop floor and work environment.
- Maintains inventory of repair parts and orders replacement stock. Communicates orders to Store Manager.
- Controls expenses by monitoring associate overtime and coordinating automotive repair and maintenance services to obtain maximum utilization of automotive equipment.
- Ensures equipment is clean and working properly. Analyzes defective equipment to determine cause of trouble and makes sure proper repairs are made in a timely manner.
- Ensures service vehicle is clean and presentable at all times for transportation of customers. Utilizes company vehicle or instructs others to shuttle customers or pick up/drop off supplies.
- Assists the sales associates and delivers high level of customer service by greeting incoming customers and answering telephone calls. Determines individual customer needs for products and service repairs. Sells tires and service repairs, meeting customer and company goals. Provides quotes for products or services. Schedules service work for the convenience of customers, but within parameters of when repairs may be completed.
- Attends and participates in store meetings.
- Assists other areas of the business as needed.
- Participates on-going technical and educational training.
- Other duties as assigned or to increase knowledge.
- Directly supervises all General Service and Technician associates.
- Strong customer service and sales skills.
- Strong working knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience repairing automotive vehicles and dealing with customers.
- Computer aptitude.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Supervisory ability.
- High school diploma or GED.
- ASE certifications. Master Tech.
Mental and Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other associates of the company.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
- While performing the duties of the position, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to sit, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The associate must usually lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The associate is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The associate is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, vibration and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.