- Responsible for all aspects of tire and related service and repair for the commercial truck industry. Performs repairs authorized by the customer using correct procedures in a timely manner, which includes driving a service vehicle to where a customer is having a problem, and be able to repair or replace their tire(s) as needed. Job duties may be performed at the Commercial Center location, at the customer location or on the side of the highway.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains professional image, clean and well groomed.
- Determine repairable tire conditions and make such repairs
- Dismount and mount any type of tire on drop center, semi-drop center and multi-piece rims
- Remove tires for retreading or repair
- Match mating of dual assemblies
- Inflation of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements
- Driving to customer location for needed repairs
- Cleans shop floor, service area and employee restroom/lounge. Performs equipment maintenance duties.
- Ensures safe and clean shop floor and work environment.
- Unloads and organizes tire and supply shipments.
- Attends and participates in store meetings
- Assists other areas of the business as needed.
- Participate in on-going technical and educational training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serves as mentor to General Service associates.
- Positive attitude
- Excellent safety and attendance performance
- Advanced knowledge of commercial tires and repair
- Must be willing to perform service calls on nights/weekends on a rotating basis
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to get DOT certified
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Mental and Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- While performing the duties of the position, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The associate must usually lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The associate is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The associate is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, vibration and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.